Thread: Moving with Leopard Gecko

Moving with Leopard Gecko

We are the proud owner of a leopard gecko about six months old. Due to taking a new job we will be moving within a couple of months. Can anyone give me any tips on how we can safely travel with him? We will probably driving a U-Haul truck cross country. We have a small animal container that will house him comfortably until we can reset up his aquarium.

Re:Moving with Leopard Gecko

I was going to travel with my 2 L.G.s and Blue-tongue Skink but I would have to rent a bigger vehicle. Air Conditioning is what I would worry about the most. Maybe a small portable heating blanket would help. Whatever you do DON`T put anything in the tank that might hurt him very bad if it falls on him. I would recommend plastic shelters temporarily. As for food, I would recommend Can O` Crickets if he

that they smell worse than the live Crickets). My parents will be watching my L.G.s for me while I go on vacation but she will not feed them live crickets so she feeds them the Can O` Crickets. They get very lethargic though when that is all they eat. 1.0.0 Blue-tounged Skink (Thor) 2.0.0 Leopard Geckos (Lou and Frank) ?.? Crickets

Re:Moving with Leopard Gecko

Thanks Justin. I am going to get a small human heating pad (so it won`t get too hot) and use that for the temperature. I hadn`t considered the Can O`Crickets. that would probably be better than trying feed him the live

coconut hiding dome and let him ride in the front seat with us. Again, thanks for the tip