+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bearded Dragon not eating balanced diet

Bearded Dragon not eating balanced diet

well, i got my bearded dragon about 2 months ago, i fed him crickets and a small bucket of rep-cal pellet dragon food, i soaked it in water before feeding.... alittle interest, left it dry, almost none, now he eats none, i feed him lettuce once in awhile, and small bits of fruit, he eats some lettuce and almost no fruit, now, hes what i think is skinny. he is lethargic (i do have a heat light) and when i pick him up, he opens his eyes weakly, then closes it. Any tips for getting him to eat a balanced diet? I need help soon or...... i dont even want to think about it. Any thing will help. If not for a mean pet owner, do it for the liiiizard. ?orry Poco Duende (little goblin) if you die..

Re:Bearded Dragon not eating balanced diet

the VET.

You also shouldnt feed a Beardie lettuce, it gives them the runs! (diarreah) You should be giving him cabbage type greens, the odd pea, sweetcorn, carrot and herbs.

You also shouldnt feed a Beardie lettuce, it gives them the runs! (diarreah) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! True! Though, if your dragon is dehydrated, ice berg lettuce works very well to rehydrate the herp.
    Dark green lettuce like Romaine is good in moderation.
    My BD is a green bean junkie! Also goes for mixed garden greens. Grape slices, strawberries apple banana.
    He only eats every 2 or 3 days, and has for years, no matter the season.
    He can say "hello" in SEVEN languages!
    He is left-handed.
    He is one of very FEW reptiles that has survived a superworm escape, AND has the scars to prove it. later, Pete Live by the Golden Rule. Pay it forward. http://community.webtv.net/SnakeBusters/SnakeBusters

Romaine lettuce is fine & a good source of nutrition. Collard greens are excellent & should be a diet staple. Iceberg lettuce basically provides water & little actual nutrition. Fruits in excess may cause diarrhea but provide many trace vitamins/minerals. There are some excellent books out on beardie husbandry. Cabbage should be fed sparingly as it affects their ability to absorb calcium. snake lady
    "Medicine to produce health has to examine disease" Plutarch http://community.webtv.net/SnakeladysFarm/SnakeLadysReptile0

+ Reply to Thread