+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: HELP with my lost baby corn snake!

HELP with my lost baby corn snake!

Mhmy: y concern is finding my baby corn snake who crawled into a tiny crack of space between the wall and my staircase and has completely dissapeared into the stairs and has not come out. This baby was only about 3 weeks old when they went into this crack and has not yet eaten...EVER! This happened on 9/17/07 and I tried to pull up some of the carpet to look but all that is underneath the carpet is a wood structure of stairs. I cannot tear up the place since I live in an apartment and do not want to ask the managers for assistance due to the fact they possibly will not like the fact that there is a missing snake in their building. It is driving me crazy and I want more than anything to find the snake..I hate to have it die, if it has not already. Any advice will be appreciated. (Oh...I already have been told to "set a trap" but it is not that easy due to the fact that the snake was last seen squeezing between the wall and the tiny crawlspace of the stair. I cannot just leave a dead pinky laying on my carpet of my staircase...besides at this point I have no idea if the snake has ventured elsewhere or is still underneath the stair. Sorry for "babblying" but I want the snake found and I am so frustrated for loosing it....HELP PLEASE!

Hi Cloaca, welcome to the forum. I can imagine you want this tiny snake back, but honestly speaking I don't think something else but leaving food will help it crawl out (if it survived that is).

Sorry

try puttin baking soda around there and check back to see if there is any slither markes in it that way you will no if it left the stairs.

Re:HELP with my lost baby corn snake!

I haven't tryed it personally but u can make a snake trap. Get a used water bottle and cut off the top. Turn the top upside down and place it inside the bottle like a funnel and tape it together w/ a pinkkie mouse inside it will work better if its live. When it is set up u can set it on the stairs. I hope this gives u a clear picture in ur head. Don't forget to look everywere when mine got out i found it in the runner of the window the coldest place in the room so warm or cold look everywere. Good luck i hope that u find her.

You can look at my profile for a picture of a snake trap.

I lost a snake to a hole in the floor once. She snuck out of the bathtub when she was supposed to be eating :unsure: ...
    I was ultra concerned because the nights here can get really cold, we have a cat in my house, AND boas are actually illegal in SF.
    Our snake trap wound up being really simple-- we set a heating pad out close to the hole the snake had gone into. And it worked... Evey came out and curled up right there the next day.

I don't know what kind of climate you live in, but the pinkie trap and a heating pad might do the trick.
    Good luck. :S<br><br>Post edited by: Callibug, at: 2007/10/17 10:07

check all of your closets. mine got out 4 times and was in a closet every time. he is in a secure cage now

hi i lost one of my corn snakes and i had only had it for 2 months or so and i was really upset and i thought where is it because it is only a few wks old but finally i 4got about it and it ended up in ur nxt door brought ones front room so it will turn up. dont worry.

This is an old thread.

my snake got out last night at around 10pm.i have no idea how. i have a 2ft viv and im guessing he somehow slid open the glass himself. Its my first Snake, hes a carolina corn snake about a ft lonf and no fatter then a pinky finger. ive wrapped bags around plug sockets and lay more bags near possible hide spots.Ive also set up water and somewhere for him to hide near that in all rooms of the house.Whats really puzzeling tho is the viv is about 3 ft off the ground will no way down apart from falling.Would a snake do that?I have my fingers crossed he turns up as i have only had it just over a week if its gone through floorboards tho im pretty screwd.Is there any way to dar them out? i thought about getting a cadge with a few mice and see if his belly brings him out.he ate last 6 days ago so he will be gettin hungry soon. Also is it best to look at night?

I hope everyone that has lost there pets finds them healthy and well. i feel aweful for loosing mine he was loved very much thats for sure.have your fingers crossed for mine and all lost snakes please.

+ Reply to Thread