+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Snakes and Incense...ok?

Snakes and Incense...ok?

I recently moved in to a studio apartment (everything's in one big room, except the bathroom) and have a corn snake. Any issues with the occasional burning of incense? While it won't be "near" the snake tank, it's still all one big room, so there'd certainly be some "wafting" into his corner of the room.

re:Snakes and Incense...ok?

Large quantities of incense probably aren't good (simply because it's smoke), but I doubt occasional low-level exposure would ever be a problem. Used to burn incense occasionally when my snakes were in my bedroom and never had any problems.

LOL my snakes are in every room. My housemate generally is the incense-burner, and her bedroom is the only room the snakes are NOT in.....she favors tropical fish.

That reminds me of a time a couple of years ago when I came home to find my son and his friends smoking hash in my living room, where my beardies (then only a few months old) were!!!!!

They definitely seemed 'affected' by the fumes, just chilling out instead of their usual active selves, and boy did they eat well afterwards ... I think they had an attack of the munchies <vbg>

They didn't appear to suffer any ill effects but I wouldn't advise exposing animals on a regular basis and my son had one hell of a ticking off over it and was banned from smoking in the house again LOL

ye my thoughts too -Z what ya covering up with the incence,,hmmm if snakey starts floating from branch to branch its not the incence you wanna wory about
    ...sorry i just had to... i do buts incence but not much and not often its gotta be better than airosol fragrance sprays ,,i live in da 1 room and i do smoke but i make as sure as posssible v little gets toward or in heshes viv ,,actualy i have vents on cage that can be shut completley and its a large viv 4 ft by 2 ft by 2 ft ,,, oh and by the way she is getting on great in there hardly ever hides anymore ,, heshes ready for a shed anyday now and just laying still in a little bed of aspen at the moment,, doing well ,eating well and just over 4 months old ,,,, wow longest thing iv ever posted here ,,,oh wellll hi to anyone that remembers me

Ah, but my herps are all in the upstairs portion of my home, shut away in a bedroom. Incense burning goes on in the living area of my home, downstairs and shut off by two doors. I do have my borneo short tail and my tokays and my walking sticks down in the living room, and they get exposed to different types of smoke.

Then again we also have good ventilation, there is never stale air in my house. So I wouldn't burn incense in a small room with no breeze and some snakes in it.

+ Reply to Thread