+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sexing Baby Water Dragons

Sexing Baby Water Dragons

How can you tell if you have a boy or a girl in baby water dragons? Also, is two males, a juve nd a hatchling, in the same tank bad?

Sexing Baby Water Dragons

Onepoliceplaza, I think in babies it is hard to tell, but in adult water dragons the male is larger and he will also grow a crest down his neck, back and tail.

Re:Sexing Baby Water Dragons

As Eve said, your dragon is too young to tell. When it becomes older, you can tell like this:

Male:
    http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h4...90453Large.jpg

Female:
    http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h4...90459Large.jpg

But you should not be considering getting another dragon. Your current tank is not large enough to even hold one dragon and you say you do not have the money to upgrade. Then you do not have the money to buy another dragon. First, save your money for a proper set-up for your current dragon. You need a larger enclosure, a UVB light, a different substrate, etc.. Your current dragon should be your first priority. Until you have it in a proper set-up, you should not be thinking about getting another dragon.

Oh, and you cannot more than one male in the same enclosure. They would stress each other and/or fight. Sometimes two females will not get along either. That is why you need a lot of money to keep more than one dragon - to get another enclosure in case they do not get along and in case one gets parasites from the other etc. or one injures the other and you need to take it to a vet.

yeah i agree with Dragonpaw. i own two and know the work that is needed to maintain their health. i really hope you're not thinking of getting another one. sometimes a female and male with fight due to the female attempting to be dominent.

+ Reply to Thread