+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Should my Ball Python eat another pinkie?

Should my Ball Python eat another pinkie?

I have a new Ball Python. I recived her yesterday from a pet store and they hadn't fed her for about two weeks. She is about a foot long and eats frozen/thawed mice. I accidently grabbed threee pinkies from the freezer thinking they were a bit larger and i gave her one yesterday. I have two left and I need to get larger ones. Should I feed her another today or would that be a bad idea?

Should my Ball Python eat another pinkie?

Crystal welcome to the forum How old is your Ball?

Re:Should my Ball Python eat another pinkie?

Your ball will be fine eating all three pinks. Small balls can eat sm mice and even better is rat pups.
    ~Rich
    Burms-trip hets, granites & albino
    Ball pythons,normals,spider,cin & pastels
    Beards

I agree with Rich, Pinkies are pretty small, and you BP i am sure could eat rat pinks or fuzzies at least!

depending on how big the pinkies are exaclty. i think three would make for a good size meal but i wouldnt try giving her more than that if she's only about a foot. i have one that is about a foot and a half and three pinkies would fill her up so being that your's is smaller i wouldnt.

I personally would just go to the next size up and feed only one! Cheaper for you and less stressful for the snake!

You stated it was a mistake you got the smaller size and wanted to know if you could feed two days in a row. Yes you can...or more than one feeder in the same day. It's what we have to do with my BP.

He is the size needing rats, but after several months of rats one day he stopped eating them. After weeks of buying rats to only have him turn his nose up at them, we tried a mouse. The mouse was immediately taken. Because of his size, it takes several mice to fill him up. Once in awhile, we don't get them all fed and end up having to give one the next day. He has no problem with this.

It's been a couple of years now and he still dislikes rats, even when we tried transfering mouse smell to a rat. The only rats he has since taken, were a couple of young naked rats.{Nature-00020099}<br><br>Post edited by: jacqturtle, at: 2007/12/19 19:16

+ Reply to Thread