+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HELP! Pacman Frog really sick!

HELP! Pacman Frog really sick!

I think he was hybernating when and I disturbed him, I needed to clean his tank, some stupid cricket had thousands of tiny babies in there! but when I tried to pick him up he did something he never had done before, he stuck his back legs straight out and made them stiff, infact his whole body was stiff, Then he opened his mouth real wide, he now can not seem to bend his back legs, when he tries to hop he just kinda twitches and gets his front legs stuck underneith his body, he has never acted like this. It's scary! I don't know whats wrong, He can't seem to walk, and when he sits still for a while he start twitching and freaks out! ( maybe he's trying to walk, i don't know) I also noticed a large lump in his stomach on one side when he turns his body a certin way. He won't eat and he's just sitting in his water dish, and he can't seem to even sit normal, there is something really wrong with his back legs. I don't know what to do. Eairlier I thought he was gonna die I was changing his water and he started to freak, he stuck his body straigt out agian but closed his eyes, then began to twitch, he looked like he was having a seizure and then he let out a scream, which I've never heard him make a peep! It just freaked me out I thought he was going to die! Please help! Has anyone ever heard of such a thing?, I can't afford a vet I'm trying to nurse him to health right now and I hope he is better by morning! Please help! Please.

Hi kissmybutt, welcome to the forum.

And? Was he better in the morning?

Re:HELP! Pacman Frog really sick!

Go to allexperts.com that is where i went when my pacman frog was sick.

Re:HELP! Pacman Frog really sick!

I am out of my league here. I have seen paralysis recently in a little fire belly toad..it was temporary for 3 days. I would not think this is the case. I havent yet read anything on this kind of case. On my website www.bamboozoo.weebly.com , Under Pacman Frog, link to a fairly good site, that has other links to follow. Maybe you can find some reason for the behaviour there......also on the resources page: under amphibian care there are 2 sites listed that may be able to help, last check at understory enterprises. Remember to follow their links as well if you need to.

Lot of research in front of you if you want to find out what is wrong. Keep going...your answer is out there somewhere.

Pat
    The BambooZoo is 260 pages of the information you are looking for: feeders, health, feature reptiles, cohabitation, bio active soils, caresheets (in depth), health articles and links, DIY's and cage art. Check us out, and participate too! www.bamboozoo.weebly.com

Either take it to the vet or stick the poor guy in the freezer

freezer? hmy:

putting an ectotherm in the freezer is considered to be the least painful, most humane way to euthanize them.

kissmybutt, firstly, your frog is SERIOUSLY ILL. Secondly, I understand about no money to see the vet, I really do, but if you are going to keep any living thing you must be prepared to spend your money to keep it healthy I'm not saying run to the doc every time something's up but partial paralysis, convulsions, and screaming means take your animal to fricking vet. suck him off if you have to; but GET HIM SEEN!!!!! As that animals owner you are accountable for your ward. If you care about your pet so much how bout you don't pay your cable, or phone, or ISP bill and if you absolutely can't go without luxury Please please please save it some suffering and kill it humanely.
    This is not something that will just go away!

Post edited by: bloodysafety, at: 2008/06/26 04:44<br><br>Post edited by: bloodysafety, at: 2008/06/26 04:47

ok

Bloodysafety: I agree. The least painful would be to put the little fellow in the freezer.

However, you can try and wait it out just in case. It does seem to be a sort of paralysis.

Here's a good site for other info: http://www.pacmanfrog.com/pages/care.htm

I also did a little research and I saw that someone had recently posted a similar question on allexperts.

This is just an opinion, but the crickets laying those eggs in its enclosure may have something to do with this along with the fact that it was disturbed while hibernating [if it had been hibernating for awhile].

A few general questions...

1. How long have you kept this frog?
    2. When you purchased it, did you know the age?
    3. Male or female? [I know you refer to it as a 'him' but are you positive?]
    4. You said it made a screaming sound. Males make noise as opposed to females that are generally quiet.
    5. How many [if any] other frogs or wildlife do you have in its enclosure? [pacman frogs can be cannibalistic and can/or will try to eat other frogs on occassion]

+ Reply to Thread