+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do snakes burp?

Do snakes burp?

I fed my mexican a mouse a while ago and after I put him back in his tank, he cruised for a while and then I saw him jerk a little and could swear he either sneezed or burped and then he continued cruising. It sounded like a short squeek.

Do snakes burp?

Don't take me for 100% sure, but I read that after feeding, a snake may "yawn", or before its getting ready to shed. Like I said before, I'm not 100%, just a guess. Sorry if I'm wrong

Do snakes burp?

What looks like a yawn after feeding is in fact the snake realigning its jaw. I have seen what looks like a BIG yawn but I am not sure if in fact that is what it is.

Do snakes burp?

He did realign his jaws, I knew what he was doing then, it was later after I put him back in his tank that he did the other thing.

Do snakes burp?

our burmese does that too from time to time. it's nothing to worry about. marge, the burm likes to blow bubbles in her water too.

Do snakes burp?

Thanx bloody
    I fed him again wednsday and he didn't do then so I guess he just ate it too fast or something, idk. It s amazing , though, how he is able to stretch his jaws around the mouse's head and body like that. His head is no bigger than a pencil and yet he fits it around some thing the size of a vienna sausage.Which is, by the way, the thickness of his mid section.<br><br>Post edited by: Karl, at: 2008/08/02 14:15

+ Reply to Thread