+ Reply to Thread

Thread: white snake with black dots

white snake with black dots

hey there i got a q for ya. my brother has seen a snake a few times in his back yard and cant figure out what it is. he lives in san antonio texas. the snake is about 2.5-3 feet long. it is white with black spots. the spots are perfectly round, pretty small, and in no particular pattern. he has seen it a few times in his coy pond trying to eat his fish. the fish are to large for it to eat tho. he also said the head is heart shaped. it runs, or slithers haha away when it sees him and is not agressive. the only thing i can think it may be is a leucistic rat or king snake but those are usually all white and no spots. do you have any idea what kind of snake this may be??? i am going to go there this weekend and try to catch it, if i do i will send you a picture.

Moving to the Snake Thread in hopes that someone will be able to answer you!!
    Iguana 0:2:0
    Russian Tortoise 1:1:0
    Tree Frog 0:1:0
    Chinese Water Dragon 0:1:0

www.theroachbarn.weebly.com

I'm really bad as identifiying snakes, but because it wants to eat fish from the pond I want to say garder snake of some type.

I found this picture of a checkered garter.

http://www.gartersnake.co.uk/marcianus2.htm

its not a checkered garter i catch those in his yard all the time so he knows what they look like. thanks tho.

i found one in my backyard just yesterday, it isnt checkered like the pic .. it is actually almost perfect circles (spots) anyone have any feedback if it is an actual garter or something else?

it might be a texas night snake

have any pics of it yet? i was looking at native texas snakes, but didn't see any snakes native to texas that matched your description, even the pattern you describe. its possible its a leucistic or has some other color defect, but it could also be a non-native snake that used to be a pet and was either released or escaped.
    Read the Forum Rules!

+ Reply to Thread