+ Reply to Thread

Thread: When does an anole get his dewlap?

When does an anole get his dewlap?

Is a male anole born with a dewlap or do they develop over time? I'm looking for a male and I stumped three pet stores asking this question lol.

I dont have an answer for you on that one ElZacko. But dont be fooled both sexes of anoles have a dewlap. The males is larger and more brightly coloured but females do have one as well.

Pat
    The BambooZoo is 260 pages of the information you are looking for: feeders, health, feature reptiles, cohabitation, bio active soils, caresheets (in depth), health articles and links, DIY's and cage art. Check us out, and participate too! www.bamboozoo.weebly.com

is there any way to tell males and females apart when they are young? or do i just pick one and hope for the best

There is very little way to tell when young...males are somewhat larger and have a larger head....but you are still just going to be making an educated guess and 2 male anoles won't live together. I have had 2 males in a 148 gallon and have had to separate them, because there was still not enough space for them to not fight.

Pat
    The BambooZoo is 260 pages of the information you are looking for: feeders, health, feature reptiles, cohabitation, bio active soils, caresheets (in depth), health articles and links, DIY's and cage art. Check us out, and participate too! www.bamboozoo.weebly.com

Are most of the anoles in pet stores female since they keep so many in a small cage and they dont fight?

+ Reply to Thread