+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Home made Hides

Home made Hides

Looking for ways to make nice homemade hides that are ok for leopard geckos. Is there anything that you have tried and found to look nice and be successful? My leopard gecko needs to have more hides but I dont like the ones that are in the pet shop. They are quite cheesy

Banned

Home made Hides

I have had the same trouble. Even spent money to try something different and still things were just not right. I have seen a few home made hides online made of ceramic planters...but again I didn't care for that either. I have bought a couple things on line to aid in this issue. These choices did improve my tank. I still want to try a few more items...but it takes time to afford with all the shipping involved...here are a few places with a few hides I did like. (I did find somethings that needed altering or shaved, somethings show up with sharp edges. So watch out for that. I just filed sharp edges down.)

This one has a few cool things, I don't like everything but some things are pretty cool.
    http://www.petmountain.com/category/256/1/reptile-caves-huts.html

I love the herp hotel in this one...but I didn't think I had the room with everything else I have already.
    http://www.reptiledirect.com/hidingplaces.aspx

I also picked up the corner cave and my Geckos love it...I found it later at Wal-mart in the fish department with out the shipping cost.

Sorry I didn't have much on the home made kind...but I am still playing around with this one. I have the same trouble with fake plants as well...I still have not solved that little issue because I really rather see it before I buy it...and you just can't hold a picture from the internet...LOL.

I will stay tuned to see if you get any other ideas...inquiring minds want to know...haha!

Home made Hides

Those are so good B) ideas, I am Going to check out those sites and wal-mart on tuesday.

Home made Hides

I have a small diy section on my site, I know there is a link to making hides there. ~ Pat

Good luck with your choice.

ps....I forget to say welcome to the forum.
    The BambooZoo is 260 pages of the information you are looking for: feeders, health, feature reptiles, cohabitation, bio active soils, caresheets (in depth), health articles and links, DIY's and cage art. Check us out, and participate too! www.bamboozoo.weebly.com

Banned

Home made Hides

Good luck, I hope you can save on shipping...let us know what you choose!

*checks out Pats sight* LOL.

Home made Hides

Found that link on your site@ bamboozoo. I am going to run A trial on making one of those without the sprays and see what I can do...

Home made Hides

Let me know how it goes, in your opinion...I dont do anything like that so dont know how well things work out.

Good luck with it.

Pat
    The BambooZoo is 260 pages of the information you are looking for: feeders, health, feature reptiles, cohabitation, bio active soils, caresheets (in depth), health articles and links, DIY's and cage art. Check us out, and participate too! www.bamboozoo.weebly.com

+ Reply to Thread