+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: What is this.. black with yellow stripes, Lizard?

What is this.. black with yellow stripes, Lizard?

Weirdest thing happened just a little while ago. Scared me almost to death. I had a big pkg. of toilet paper. As I was taking each roll out putting them up I see something that looks like a tail on the bottom roll. I pushed it back and looked inside to see a lizard/salamandar about 7 inches long. So I take it outside to take a look.. turns out he was dead. The thing is I had bought the paper a few days ago and had just opened it. Meaning he was packaged in there from the factory evidently. Anyway.. I'm curious as to what he is so here is a pic. I've seen these around here before.. I think but not sure. I'm in Louisiana.. not sure where the paper came from haha!

http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a8/biuangelle/?action=view&current=IMG_1395640x48050.jpg<br><br> Post edited by: Skeeter, at: 2009/09/21 21:20
    Attached Images

That would be wierd. Yep its a lizard alright. Looks like a type of amevia or racerunner/whiptail. Not sure exactly though.

Re:What is this.. black with yellow stripes, Lizard?

I should be able to tell you remind me later i have a book but it's super late here so I will look at a later date if you are really interested. Too bad he had to die kind of a crappy death not pun inteded looks like a pretty lizard.

ps it would have scared the Sh*t out of me too that just not what you expect to find in your toilet paper!

It looks alot like skink to me. I found (on google) a five-lined skink that looks alot like that. They're native to the southwest so I guess it could have been what you've been seeing down there is louisiana. Also a six-lined racerunner that is more of a southwestern lizard but it may have been packaged up there? Just me two cents!

Re:What is this.. black with yellow stripes, Lizard?

Definately a juvenile to sub adult five lined skink because of the dorsal stripe and pattern on the head and the blue in the tail. Five lined skink all the way!!!

Poor little guy. That's horrible! I deffinately have to agree with scaleylindz though. Looks like a five lined skink.

I agree......looks like a skink...thats horrible though, poor guy....
    "My little lizards, heart beats at my feet" --anonymous--

five lined skink.older one because the tail isnt blue anymore..poor thing

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
    Weirdest thing happened just a little while ago. Scared me almost to death. I had a big pkg. of toilet paper. As I was taking each roll out putting them up I see something that looks like a tail on the bottom roll. I pushed it back and looked inside to see a lizard/salamandar about 7 inches long. So I take it outside to take a look.. turns out he was dead. The thing is I had bought the paper a few days ago and had just opened it. Meaning he was packaged in there from the factory evidently. Anyway.. I'm curious as to what he is so here is a pic. I've seen these around here before.. I think but not sure. I'm in Louisiana.. not sure where the paper came from haha!

http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a8/biuangelle/?action=view&current=IMG_1395640x48050.jpg<br><br> Post edited by: Skeeter, at: 2009/09/21 21:20
    i've seen a couple in Alabama around my house. are they poisonous?

Quote Originally Posted by 1ladys View Post

i've seen a couple in Alabama around my house. are they poisonous?
    There are no venomous skinks. So no.
    In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/svalnahel

+ Reply to Thread