+ Reply to Thread

Thread: difference between UVB & UVA lightning

difference between UVB & UVA lightning

I have this doubt since last month and still I don't seem to quite understand this:S but I know UVA is a basking light and UVB gives sun rays. But what are exactly the similarities and differences? I plan to write this soon as a class essay.

We have 3 types of UV..

UVC-- This one is the shortest wavelength [ray] from the sun to the earth.. This one is usually absorbed by the O-Zone. A brief exposure would cause a sunburn to us humans, anymore than that would be fatal to anything. This is why some are concerned about losing the O-Zone..

UVB-- Tends to be the strongest in the summer time. This Ray is the middle ray [so to speak] and only penetrates the very top layer of skin. This effects us humans the same as it does our reptiles in producing Vitamin D3 the difference being that because we wear clothes and a lot of us stay out of it because of sunburn and skin cancer, it doesn’t allow enough in to do us humans any good.. That is why we have to supplement for the D3 too

UVA-- I do believe this actually is the strongest of the 3 and this is what we call the Light ray. [as in light and dark] This is what allows all of us to SEE that need it!!
    UVA rays are present all year round from sunrise to sunset, EVERY day.. You have heard the old saying that you can get a sunburn on a cloudy day.. Yep!! UVA will also penetrate glass. I believe this is where people are confused in that the heat that is coming from the UVA rays through a window would be a good thing for their reptiles thinking it is the UVB rays that they need. It isn’t..
    When a person puts their reptile in a window situation and leaves them there without the capability to get out of this situation they are literally COOKING their guys as these UVA rays penetrate further than the surface skin

So UVB is to produce your D3 and your UVA is so you can see..

Have I confused you yet??:dry: :laugh:
    Iguana 0:2:0
    Russian Tortoise 1:1:0
    Tree Frog 0:1:0
    Chinese Water Dragon 0:1:0

www.theroachbarn.weebly.com

Banned

You confused me....:laugh: Not really...it made some sense...I was waiting for you to answer this one...I knew you had that one covered :laugh:

:laugh: :woohoo: Hey I confuse me sometimesB) Why not the rest of ya!!hmy: :woohoo:
    Iguana 0:2:0
    Russian Tortoise 1:1:0
    Tree Frog 0:1:0
    Chinese Water Dragon 0:1:0

www.theroachbarn.weebly.com

Banned

That kind of thinking hurt's my head :laugh: so I'll just listen and pretend to get it :laugh: :woohoo: :laugh:

+ Reply to Thread