+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Reptile Depot

Reptile Depot

I haven't made a post in a while, as I've been very busy, but I just HAVE to go on a little bit about this company.

Reptile Depot is by far the WORST company I have EVER dealt with. I placed a moderately sized order (approx. $130 on bedding, lighting supplies, etc.) with them on February 1st. Today, April 8th, I still have no received my order. I started calling about three weeks after I placed my order, wondering what exactly was going on. I got the run around, and was told I would get a call later. A few days go by and I call again. I am told my order was shipped on that day and I should be receiving it within 5-7 days. I wait two weeks, call again. This time I am told that the Powersun bulb I ordered was on back order, and they just got their shipment in. My order will be sent in a day or two.

Since then, I have called once a week, and have been very patient, I think anyway, and rather kind to them considering the situation. Last Tuesday I called, was put on hold for ten minutes, hung up on, called again, on hold again for five minutes, hung up on, and when I called back, I will admit, I was just a wee bit frustrated :dry: I got snappy with the manager, explained the situation to him and asked him what he was going to do to compensate me for waiting two months for this order. He pretty much completely neglected everything I had said and responded, "I can have your order shipped by tomorrow. Should be there by Friday."
    In fourty minutes by my clock, it will be the FOLLOWING Friday and I have YET to receive an order, an apologetic phone call, NOTHING. They have the worst customer service, and business etiquette I have ever heard of. Rest assured, I will never deal with this company again, and I am so regretful I did in the first place.

Reptile Depot

som,ething that has worked for me in the past when dealing with companies is to tell them your going to report them to the Better Business Bureau for fraud due to not receiving products you ordered. chances are they will send out the stuff right away to avoid having a fraud report filed on the business and be listed with a negative rating on the BBB.

but if after another week you still don't have the stuff, file a report with the BBB. now a new waiting game begins because a BBB representative will get in contact with you which could take a few weeks and they will work with the company to resolve the problem for you.

could also try filing a claim with the Federal Trade Commission for fraud.

if you don't feel like going threw any of the above, you could always try and have your credit card provider reverse the payment.

best of luck with the situation.
    Read the Forum Rules!

Banned

Reptile Depot

That is a lot of money to lose out on. I would definitely keep working till you either have your money back, or that order!

Zaroba has great advise, I would still contact the Better Business Bureau just because everything you have had to do so far, regardless! Then I would still call the credit card company, see what they can do too.

Do not give up on this subject till something has been done to make it right!

Reptile Depot

Wow Zaroba, that's something I never would have thought of and it's GREAT advice. This sounds horrible, but I'm actually incredibly spiteful when I've been pushed this far, and you can bet I'll call first thing Monday morning. If this were any sort of functional company, I would have been certain not only would I have received the items by now, but more than likely at no cost, and maybe at least been treated with a little respect. :dry:

Reptile Depot

Keep us updated as to how it goes. Information like that on the forums is very helpful to others that can/do go thru it also..B)
    Iguana 0:2:0
    Russian Tortoise 1:1:0
    Tree Frog 0:1:0
    Chinese Water Dragon 0:1:0

www.theroachbarn.weebly.com

I gave them a call and threatened them pretty much. The guy I spoke to told me they haven't had the bulb I needed for months. I IMMEDIATELY got angry, because everytime I called, I was reassured the "order just came" and it would be shipped shortly. He said he would send me the Exo Terra version of the brand and the order would come soon, sooo we'll see I suppose.

Lasciviomortuus have you ever heard of the Fauna Classifides Board of Inquiry? If not check it out here http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...splay.php?f=13
    Its the perfect place to post your grievence, just make sure you read the rules before posting when/if you join. The rules are strict and straight foward to prevent BS.

It also has a search function so you can check the many "good guy/ bad guy" reviews of many different dealers, hobbyist and companys around.

Banned
    Good luck...hope that order gets to you finally!

My boyfriend and I have called twice this past week and both times were assured the manager would be there the next day. We were mislead. What I'm wondering is what kind of business operates with no managerial staff present at any given time? I was also told that no one except for him could cancel my order, so now I have to wait until "Monday at 4" (7pm my time) to call again and HOPE that their manager is present, and able to cancel my order. For everyone's sake, don't EVER deal with this company.

+ Reply to Thread