+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Succulents safe for Beardie?

Question Succulents safe for Beardie?

I would like to keep some munchies in with my dragon, and have been looking into thornless cacti and succulents. Would anyone reccommend or reccommend against any of the following? Or reccommend something different...
    Thanks,
    Lindsay

Oscularia peltoides
    Portulacaria afra variegated
    Echeveria
    Crassula argentea
    Crassula marnierana
    Crassula pellucida 'B' variegated
    Aeonium 'Kiwi -onium crest'
    Pachyphytum oviferium "Amethystinum"

Well, if anyone else is interested...I have found so far that portulaca is actually native to natural beardie habitat, and happens to be safe. Its amazing how many plants in natural beardie habitat are actually poisonous. Hens and chicks as well as aloe seem to be safe.

Hi Lindsey, I am a common name kind of girl. Nice to know about the portulaca...not growing any this year but will remember next year to grow it. Christmas cactus is another safe plant for growing. I have fed small portions of the hens and chicks for quite some years too to my beardies and torts. Snake or (motherinlaw tongue can do fairly well in dry conditions if taken out and drowned with water every once in a while. Check some of the drought tolerant grasses as well.

Pat
    The BambooZoo is 260 pages of the information you are looking for: feeders, health, feature reptiles, cohabitation, bio active soils, caresheets (in depth), health articles and links, DIY's and cage art. Check us out, and participate too! www.bamboozoo.weebly.com

Good to know!

+ Reply to Thread