+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is there any two different types of reptiles that can live in the same tank?

Is there any two different types of reptiles that can live in the same tank?

Is there any two different types of reptiles that can live in the same tank?

What species can be co-habitated really depends on the size of the enclosure in question and most importantly the experience level/husbandry of the keeper. As a general rule..very few (Cresties and Pink Tongue Skinks being a common one)
    "Behavior is WHAT AN ANIMAL DOES, the body is what it does it with. An animal in a shoe or sweaterbox, has no behavior, there is no need for behavior. You the keeper has taken that away."
    Frank Retes

Now I lay you down to sleep,
    Because my choke is sunk so deep.
    Feel the rush your world goes black,
    All because I took your back

(unknown author)

WWW.GRACIENY.COM

As far as I know, there are some species of gecko that can (fat tailed and leopard?) as long as you don't keep 2 males together; but I no longer keep lizards, so I could be mistaken. Turtles can be kept together but they require a very large setup. I've never kept different species together in the same tank, though. I know that it is not wise to keep snakes together, even if they are the same size... 99% of the time you will have no issues, but snakes aren't communal, and I have seen/heard from keepers who have had 2 snakes of the same species and same size kill/eat one another.

Ive had eastern gray tree frogs housed with my BP before.. he loved it. Neither species where stressed or showed signs of stress.. they seemed to co-habitate pretty well, I didnt just throw them together and walk away though. After introducing them i kept an eye on them for a while..
    " If you could see yourself in the eyes of a reptile, Then what would the reptile see in your eyes? " Rich Pirog

" when this baby hits 88 miles an hour, your gonna see some serious $#!T " Doc

1.0.0 Ball python
    0.1.0 Leo Gecko
    1.0.0 Amazon Parrot (wild caught rescue)

+ Reply to Thread