+ Reply to Thread

Thread: my bearded dragon ate a tree frog and he isn't looking to good

my bearded dragon ate a tree frog and he isn't looking to good

He ate a tree frog !!can anybody with knowledge on BDragons tell me anything? should i take him to a vet? can he digest such a frog? i'm worried about my lil buddy, he's 1 yr old and such a cool pet, and my roomate didn't know anybetter about feeding him a frog!! thank u waiting for some feed back.

All amphibians give off toxic secretions, which is why hey should never be housed with a reptile. I'd at least call a vet with the exact species name of the tree frog and explain what happened.

Banned
    Tree frog secretions are for the most part toxic in the wild due to diet. A diet of crickets/mealworms makes the frog produce no toxins, because the food has no toxins. Your bearded dragon will be fine, lock the cage so it doesn't happen again. I use padlocks and sliding glass locks on almost all my cages where people come into contact with the cage.

Was it a frog that your roommate just went and caught? or was it purchased at a pet shop? If your roommate just found it and fed it, then you may want to play it safe and bring your dragon to a vet, maybe bring a poo sample with you (make sure the frog didn't transfer any "bugs" to your beardie.)
    1.0 Ball Python
    0.1 Hog Istle Boa
    3.0 Corn Snakes
    0.0.1 Cal. King
    1.3 RES
    0.0.1 Pink Belly Sideneck

If it was big he might be impacted. Make sure he has a nice big water dish to soak in. Give him a bath and let him soak for 10-20minutes (supervised, and make sure you don't wear him out too much)
    Read this page on baths. http://www.exclusivedragons.com/Care...rary/Bath.html

If he doesn't pass the frog in a day or two you should definitely take him to the vet. Just like the others said, if this was a wild caught frog he needs to go to the vet now.
    Signature needs updated.

Thanks for all of your excellent posts, it was a tree frog from the yard, but jerry is looking alot better and he is pooping, and soaking in the warm baths, i soo appreciate all of u lizzard people, peace out and have a blessed day.

+ Reply to Thread