+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Leopard gecko eating but not pooping in 4 days?

Question Leopard gecko eating but not pooping in 4 days?

So I fed my gecko about 8 crickets on tuesday and itís already saturday. I handle him for about 30 minutes once or twice every other day so he gets used to me. He usually poops every other day and he hasnít so far. Maybe itís the amount of crickets he was given. I need to get more for him but heís about 8 inches long and 50 grams in weight. He eats about 1-inch long crickets and some are smaller than others. He has no issue eating them. The temperatures are right in the 90s on the hot side with the UTH and in the 70s-80s on the cool side. I got him a Zoo Med 3-in-1 hide cave and I have a humid hide with spaghnum moss in it. I have a dish of water and another dish of calcium and multivitamins out for him to lick. Heís also on repti-carpet as well.

A few months ago, he recovered from a spinal fracture and has been active ever since. And recently, he recovered from a bad shed which was aided by the slightly high humidty and heat from the heat wave. Sometimes my room gets so unbearably hot but he loves it. Iím only worried that heís not pooping because of the mere thought of parasites. He barely comes out of his hide now, even during night time but I think he comes out while I sleep. He even pokes his head out to watch me. Overall, he looks healthy and has no sign of impaction from eating too many crickets. I check him over everytime I handle him. Please tell me that this pooping issue is normal. I would hate to have to bring him to the vet again.

I also gave him a warm bath, used the oil treatment, and gave him water by syringe. I only have olive oil and vegetable oil in my house and I hope the olive oil works. If not, I'll try some mineral oil.

Not sure this works but they zoo meds does sell caterpilars called Can O pillars which is supposed to act as a laxative according to the label.

I can try those. I hope they work. I need anything that can get him to poop. He doesn't feel impacted either.

i didnt read the hole thing but did you try soaking her in warm water?
    Daniel

Yes, I did soak him in warm water. He was actually really relaxed while bathing.

What substrate is your leopard gecko on?
    http://www.reptileforums.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9182&dateline=1312315  066
    Quote Originally Posted by gecko-lover
    You are like a computer or something.. if I type certain words it scans your hard drives and puts out an automated response.

Quote Originally Posted by BarelyBreathing View Post
    What substrate is your leopard gecko on?
    Read the post BB it says Cage carpet lol

Oh, duh.
    http://www.reptileforums.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9182&dateline=1312315  066
    You are like a computer or something.. if I type certain words it scans your hard drives and puts out an automated response.

Quote Originally Posted by BarelyBreathing View Post
    Oh, duh.
    lol, you crack me up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocknout1600 View Post
    lol, you crack me up.
    Ha! And weren't you just saying that I couldn't possibly get anymore serious? :P

To the OP: How's his water intake?

+ Reply to Thread